Monday 1 September 2014

Yes or No to new Gadget?

A gadget that would monitor your Parkinson’s now that is well worth looking at.
Michael J Fox is looking at the possibility that smart phones or exercise bands could be used to collect data about your movements. That’s used alongside medication information, such as have you taken it and what time. It could be used by the Doctors to see how your medication is working and if the information is sent direct to him then there is no reason to worry when your pills are changed.
I’m thinking great where can I get a monitor and how do I get started, then I think hang on a minuet, who is going to collate all this information?
We definitely have a shortage of Doctors in this area, seem like Sunny Skeggy is not every ones idea of a place to live and work.
We have thousands of people who come to stay in mobile homes for holidays, many of them however stay in them for the entire time the sites are open, which could be 10 months of the year.
The emergency services struggle to cope. We have a cottage hospital that from time to time gets threatened with closure and an extremely ageing population.
It’s not just emergency services but the whole infrastructure. Can you imagine how much extra c—p is produced no wonder the aroma from the local sewerage farm leaves a lot to be desired.
I am not against the holiday makers coming in fact without them we would not be a holiday resort.
Somewhere along the line someone (I have no idea who) must see that there is a need to upgrade the basics to cope extra.

So maybe for now I won’t use a smart phone to keep track on myself in case it tells me things I really don’t want to know and then have no one to discuss it with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment