Thursday 19 June 2014

Outing with Granddaughter

Today I have been to the Lincolnshire show and taken my eldest granddaughter, being as she had finished her exams and didn’t have to go into school. So it was she and me day.
We were out early and made it to the show ground not long after eight, I have never been there that early before and it was well worth the effort.
The show lasts for two days once a year, what must have started out as a livestock show now has everything you can think off.
We had to leave early but managed about seven hours and covered about a third maybe less of the site. By the time we left it was difficult to get around as there were so many people milling about. So that early start had enabled us to see thing that we would have had trouble seeing later.
The last few hours were spent at the small ring that had things like the police dogs and two girls dancing on the backs of horses. There was a man with the ferrets, and the guy who had vultures and eagle owls. We also saw a demonstration of chainsaws being used to carve birds and mushrooms out of big chunks of wood. I must say it was very impressive.
While all this was going on the Red Arrows were practicing in the sky above us, magic.  
I have had a wonderful day out with my granddaughter, and am delighted to say no Parky. I drove us both ways and never gave it much of a thought, so I am really happy about that.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment