Saturday 21 December 2013

Clickety Click 66

Another Birthday now I’m 66, which means I have been doing this blog for over three years. Who would have thought when I first sat at this computer and tried to get down on paper what was happening to me I would still be doing it now.
I have to ask myself if I have managed to do what I set out to do. I know from some incredible feedback that some people have not only enjoyed what I have written but it has also helped them in their own fight with Parky.
Parky has enabled me, turned my world upside down. I find I don’t suffer fools gladly why should I get involved with anyone who will stress me out. Maybe I use him from time to time so as to get my own way, I hope not too often.
I so enjoyed my dancing last week which was an unexpected bonus. Not sure if it was lack of stress, pills, or just bloody mindlessness. I do realize that the next time I try it may all go belly up but I will have to risk it.
I am so fortunate to have family and friends who are also coping with Parky; he is not the best of company especially when I do things that encourage him. Like forget pills or have more than one drink.
I would like to thank the people who have got in touch with me for doing just that. I sit at my computer like I have done from the beginning and prattle on in isolation its really nice to know that I am not in fact isolated at all.
So have I succeeded, my life is online in black and white and even I am amazed at what I have managed to do. From the highs of China and Peru, to the lows of Ratty and Requip, it’s all there.


No comments:

Post a Comment